Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

I have a squatter in my home that I'm evicting and he is threatening a civil no conta

Customer Question

I have a squatter in my home that I'm evicting and he is threatening a civil no contact order. Will this show up on background checks? I work in library so it's government...
Expert:  Ray replied 8 months ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you . Yes such a no contact order if it was issued would appear on a background check and is considered domestic violence.It would appear here if such orders are in fact issued.You might want to make use of a lawyer here to do the eviction and avoid such orders an and any contact with this person if you can.But it is potentially an issue that would appear on a background check here in California. I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again..