Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

I am being sued cost of an entire paint job. The job

Customer Question

i am being sued for the cost of an entire paint job. The job was done to completion. After a few weeks one of the bathrooms started bubbling. i am assuming because it is an old wall. I went back and fixed the problem in the bathroom and then weeks later she sent me a picture of paint peeling off in the kitchen. I can prove that she had someone paint over the work i did in the kitchen since it was painted. She sent me a photo with painters tape on the wall, which i did not use. i offered again to fix this even though it wasn't my fault. i have text and photo evidence to prove this. any suggestions.
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry to hear about this. You need to file a counterclaim for their fraudulent claim since you have proof that another party painted over. You can also file a motion for summary judgement since the evidence contradicts their claims. Ask for a hearing so that you can present your evidence.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i don't really want anything from her. i just want it to go away
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is there any advice you can give me other than a counter claim and if i do counter claim do i need to do it before the court date.
I understand. The only way to get this suit to now go away is either the judge dismisses it or the customer dismisses it. By filing a counterclaim or a motion for summary judgment you are trying to get the opportunity to present your very important evidence that negates her claims. You do not necessarily have to seek monetary damages but you are trying to get her to reconsider her claim or force her hand into settling or best case scenario show the judge that she is filing a wrongful claim here. Sometimes as they say the best defense is a little offense.