Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

WHAT CAN I DO GOOGLE I WAS SCAMMED BY WWW.ROY-PRIMA.COM SELLING

Customer Question

WHAT CAN I DO GOOGLE I WAS SCAMMED BY WWW.ROY-PRIMA.COM SELLING PRINTER`S CHEAP OR***@******.*** $2,000 I HAVE EVERY DOCUMENTED BY EMAIL I WIRED THRU CITRIIBANK TO RAKAYAT INDONESIA BANK HE SEND ALL INFO. THEN WIRED DID NOT HEAR OF HIM
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
he send document`s to back credibility he located in indonesia
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 8 months ago.
Hello, Unfortunately, this can happen when you deal with a foreign online company. Worse yet, you paid by wire, which gives you no buyer protection. Many of these websites with too good to be true prices are simply scam sites. You send them your money and you get counterfeit knockoffs or nothing at all. Meanwhile, they are outside of the reach of US law and of our consumer protection agencies. If you can find this company, you can sue them for the return of your money. But you'd have to do that through the courts of Indonesia. This is why scammers prey on people from other countries to begin with. It ties the hands of law enforcment and is one big reason why scammers like this one are able to get completely away with their crime. Talk to your bank. See if they can reverse this for you. If that fails, report this as a crime to your police, to the FBI at IC3.gov and to the Federal Trade Commssion at FTC.gov. The best thing I can tell you is that by reporting this as a crime, you can deduct your unreimbursed losses as a crime victim when you file your taxes next year, and recover part of your losses that way.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
citi had opened a case to the bank but looking other way`s to get back money
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 8 months ago.
If they are out of the country you'd have to sue them in Indonesia. If they are a US company, you can report the company to the Better Business Bureau at bbb.org, your state attorney general's office, and the Federal trade commission. These agencies, however, have no jurisdiction outside of the country.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
do you know recomend lawyer indonesia
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 8 months ago.
No, I don't know of any lawyers personally. The US Embassy in Indonesia has a list of English speaking lawyers that they recommend to Americans who get in legal difficulty while in Indonesia. The lawyers on their list are known to be reliable. I am attaching it. I have linked you to the Embassy's contact information, as I do not know whether their list on the web is the most recent. If you're going to call them, keep in mind the substantial time difference if you call them. They are 11 hours ahead of me (I'm on Eastern Standard Time).