Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.

I am trying to figure out how I can get some things taken

Customer Question

I am trying to figure out how I can get some things taken off of my mvr My name is ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Well I applied for a delivery driving job at a corporate company and when they ran my mvr it shows 3 minor violations and now they won't hire me I am trying to see if I can at all get them removed within 5 business days
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Expert:  Sam replied 6 months ago.

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

I need to know what state you are referring to with your MVR. Now, keep in mind, if the state allows for an expungment it is not going to happen in 5 days. It could take 3 to 6 months. Also, please note that aalthough a CDL driver may succeed in expunging records, this violates Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) regulations. The FMCSA has a regulation that requires states to process violations as written, and not allow expunging, masking, deferred judgment, or diversion of violations when it comes to CDL licensed drivers.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have a seat belt ticket from 2014, not carrying insurance from 2014 and improper use of hov Lane. I want to find out how I can get these off my mvr for a job
Expert:  Sam replied 6 months ago.

Thank you and as I said, I cannot provide that information until you tell me what state these tickets were issued. Thanks and I await that information so we can proceed.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'm sorry, Florida. Broward county
Expert:  Sam replied 6 months ago.

Ok. Let me see if it is an allowable process in Florida. Thanks for your patience.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Sam replied 6 months ago.

You're welcome. I suggest you will need to get a copy of your record, and you will need to Petition the Circuit Court in Broward County to have the court order the MVA to remove them. You can get a form from the clerk of the court to Petition for the expungment of the infractions. However, petitioning does not mean the court will grant your request. I suggest you will need to prepare with a copy of your record and proof that you are eligible for insurance. also proof that you have no outstanding tickets or fines. You can get that certification from the MVA

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok can I obtain that form online to bring into the court house to petition for the expungement
Expert:  Sam replied 6 months ago.

I cannot locate that form online. You can call the clerk of the court and ask about accessing it online. You should be able to get your MVA record on line, however.