Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

Why can I not find a lawyer probono as council, I have been

Customer Question

why can I not find a lawyer probono as council, I have been trying and get the run around. I am ******* ******* in Lockport, IL, I HAVE BEEN SEPARATED FOR OVER 8 YEARS FROM ***** * ******* IN MO, There's is a house inboth of our names and he refuses to remove my name and divorce me and sell house and give me what I have coming? Ihave lost my job here in May 204 and still have no income and il. unemployment has NO extentions what can I do without an income next month I barely can pay for my car payment and my cards any help would be appreciated
regards ***** * ******* **-**-***** ***-****-****
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am very sorry to hear about this situation. What exactly can I answer for you? For example:

-How do I find pro bono counsel?

-How can I ask for temporary alimony/child support?

Etc.

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NO children hes been married 2x before and I this was my 2nd marriage, am looking for probono lawyer not an anwering team
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. Understand that pro bono counsel in civil cases is not a right, unlike criminal matters.

What I can do is to provide links/leads to pro bono attorneys in Illinois. I cannot promise that they would take the case, but at the very least perhaps you can find some guidance if not representation. Would this be acceptable?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NO because the attorny's so far 7 years tell me I need MO attorney this is how I got your self to reply due to the house he lives in is in MISSOURI, I need it now
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Ah, okay. My apologies. I see now that you state that a Missouri attorney is needed even if you are in Illinois. Okay, I am amending my reply, which is:

What I can do is to provide links/leads to pro bono attorneys in Missouri. I cannot promise that they would take the case, but at the very least perhaps you can find some guidance if not representation. Would this be acceptable?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NOT REALLY I appreciate you telling me but I already know these answers, and I am not satisfied and will request a refund now I thought it was like other sites where u can ask questions nad they call you not ask for a deposit then the amount after 2 minutes.
regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not for $58.00 is this acceptable
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

I will let customer service know of your request. Good luck in your search for pro bono representation.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you