Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I am an oil and gas employee working in Texas and originally

Customer Question

Hello , I am an oil and gas employee working in Texas and originally from Iran. I've just got an email from my Employer asking for some information due to the Trade Sanction in place with Iran.
I was asked for
- Your role in ------ + function description;
- The project(s) that you are working on including whether these projects are for a US client such as ExxonMobil;
- In which country you have permanent residency; and
- Whether -in as far as you can verify- in your role you receive/have access to US technology.
Now I have time till tomorrow and I want to give a good answer. Please help me out with this?
Expert:  Expert_James replied 9 months ago.

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. I am James. I will be assisting you. Please view this as a casual conversation. We will chat back and forth until I have all of the necessary information I need to give you a thorough answer.

Once you have received your answer, you will be asked to rate my customer service. This is very important. I do not get a salary here. Your rating is the only way I get credit for doing my job. So please do not forget to do that by giving me a positive rating with 3 or more stars or any of the smiling faces.

Also, if you want me to be your personal Expert, just write FOR JAMES at the beginning of any future, new questions, and I will be happy to help you as your personal Expert.

I'm not sure I understand how this is an immigration question. Also, I'm not sure what you mean by a good answer. A good answer would be honest answers. Are you having trouble doing that?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I see what you mean, I haven't done anything wrong and myself am also considering the same thing as you mentioned, an honest answer.
-You know I thing as a us person ( I have Green Card) I know I have to comply with such things.
- The fact that I am questioned for the clients is strange for me!
- A good answer to the last question is mainly what I am looking for.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
FYI below is the full email. I changed company name to ****Dear colleague,Further to the Group Compliance message on compliance with Trade Sanctions that was published today I would like to seek your input for the following matter.As you are most probably aware both the US and the EU have trade sanctions in place against Iran. In January of this year a number of these sanctions were lifted but there are still trade sanctions in place. As you know ***** is committed to complying with all applicable laws including trade sanctions.Both EU and US sanction regulations allow ***** to hire Iranian nationals provided SBM complies with the terms and conditions as set out in the regulations.We understand that you are an Iranian national. Could you therefore please provide us with the following information:
- Your role in **** + function description;
- Whether -in as far as you can verify- in your role you receive/have access to US technology.Please note that the only reason we ask these questions is to ensure to both **** and yourself comply with EU and US trade sanctions.Thank you in advance for your co-operation.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I believe I clicked on "Labor attorney" and "Discrimination " . Wondering how ended up here :)
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Just checked and now I am sure I posted my question in "Labor Attorney" under "Discrimination Law".
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
May I know if I should wait or leave ?!
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok I am leaving!

Hello there,

I see you posted responses earlier, but they only came tome now. It seems there was some technical issue.

I will send your question to the general legal section, as this is immigration.

Please be patient, as this is known to take some time to transfer. Do not respond to me, as this will only delay the transfer. Thank you!

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am in hurry and since it is going too late dont want to continue with it. Please discard my question and i will dispute my trsnsaction.