Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

Are there insurance experts?

Customer Question

Are there insurance experts?
Expert:  Ely replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

What can I answer for you? What state is this in, please?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi. This is in Texas. Our church was given a van by another church last June. We contacted the insurance company, and they said they would bind coverage so we could get it inspected and registered in our name. They also required drivers pass their training course online to drive it. We really didn't do much for a couple of months, then one driver got trained, but we never did get the registration changed over. Several months passed, and in February this year (8 months after they told us they'd bind coverage but nothing else was done), out of nowhere they issued us a policy. They also sent us a bill for coverage from June 2015 till June 2016.I told them we'd start paying for the policy with the February 2016 policy issuance date, but they said no, they bound coverage last June and we had coverage all that time. We never got a written document saying we were covered, and we never got the van registered (it is still in the other church's name). It also wasn't driven and is still in our parking lot.It's my thought (not being an expert) that coverage started when the policy was issued, especially since there was a huge gap (8 months) between the verbal binder and the policy. Where do we stand here? I just want a little more factual footing before talking to them again.
Expert:  Ely replied 9 months ago.

I am going to opt out of your question and open this up for other experts.

Your JustAnswer Account has not been charged for this conversation and your question is back in the queue. You do not have to stay online for the question to be active. Should an expert pick it up, you should be alerted via email and/or SMS (text message) unless you actively disable these features.

There is no need for you to reply at this time as this will "lock" your question back to me, thus inadvertently delaying other experts' access to it.

My apologies for any inconvenience and good luck...