Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of experience

Amp; thank you advise. Following up...this is an issue that

Customer Question

Hi Gerald & thank you for your advise.Following up...this is an issue that the third party lawyer collection firm has received a judgment against me ( roughly 2.5 yrs ago) for federal student loans. I have researched this subject & found additional information that seems to state that once you have a judgment against you on a student loan, you are not eligible for the administrative garnishment hearing program; that is, if you have a student loan judgment (which is my case) you are no longer eligible for the administrative garnishment hearing, is that correct? Please adviseThank you
Expert:  Gerald, Esq replied 6 months ago.
Hello:Thank you for the additional question.Thank you also for your patience while I have been unavailable.I think the information you have is incorrect.When we did student loan collections the first step was to get the judgment. Then turn the judgment over to the feds in exchange for the guarantee payment.Then the government initiates the garnishment process. At that time you can request your hearingGood luck.Kind regards