P. Simmons, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs. of trial experience
11181181

I am a single 73 yr old women in Winder Ga. I rented my home

Customer Question

I am a single 73 yr old women in Winder Ga. I rented my home to my son. Do to unforeseen cercomstances I have need to move back into my home. My son built a storage building on the property and made extra room out of garage. I am refinancing home to pay him 15,000. Closing was supposed to happen April 1st so my son moved out a month ago. Now son will not let me in the home ( I do not have the keys ) until the new closing on April 20 and he gets his money. But because the home is now vacant the Underwriters are having a problem with that. I am owner of the home. Have full intentions on paying son his money. Son refuses to pay April payment because he has moved out. I did make April payment and need to reside in home so it is not vacant for the April 20th closing. What are my rights as owner of vacant home. Can I as owner get a locksmith to open door for me? Thank you. Melody C**** Email ***@******.***
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 9 months ago.
Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to helpAlso, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.
Ma'am I am sorry for this dilemma. But I want to make sure I understand. Was your son paying you rent?
was he current on the rent?
Follow up...are you looking for an answer still?