Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

HOW DO I "GET IMMANCIPATED FROM ADOPTED PARENT," WHO

Customer Question

HOW DO I "GET IMMANCIPATED FROM ADOPTED PARENT," WHO RECIEVES ( $800.00- 1,000 MONTHLY ) FOR ME, YET NEVER "PROVIDES" IN ANY KIND OF WAY FOR ME ? WHAT ARE THE STEPS I NEED TO TAKE ? THANK~YOU!
Expert:  Gerald, Esq replied 8 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

Can you tell me how old you are and what state you reside in. The laws are different from state to state. If you can tell me I can get you the information specific for your state.

However, the most common requirements for emancipation is being able to provide for yourself. This means that you need to have sufficient employment that you can pay rent and buy food and provide for yourself.

If you can show that you can do those things you can Petition the Court for emancipation.

Once you get me the additional information I can tell you more.

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but it helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,

Gerald