Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

My question pertains to Social Security retirement and my

Customer Question

my question pertains to Social Security retirement for me and my wife. I am puzzled about our actions that we should take, and those actions have to be done next month. Could you help me, I will pay you. This is my situation:
my wife will be 66 by April 6, and she wants to retire under my account because she
gets a little bit more money
I will be 62 on July 14 and will be ready for retirement, but my wife cannot retire until
I retire first
The question that I have is what can I do to ensure that my wife and I are not short
changed by the closing of the loophole that will start on May 1. I thought that just
maybe we can do something about losing lots of money because my retirement/s are
until July 14. Please help, thank you.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 8 months ago.

Good afternoon Carlos,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I have been a licensed CA attorney for 3 decades and I handle social security issues.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.

Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Are you willing to retire at 62?

2. What about your retirements aren't until July?

Thanks in advance,

Doug