Delta-Lawyer, Attorney
Experience:  10 years practicing IP law and general litigation

If a person had a confortation with s mate, she files a

Customer Question

If a person had a confortation with his mate, she files a complaint and order of protection, but has since been communucting with him by reaching out to a lady friend of his. Can they still violate him and make him do time? Even if the lady is saying she no longer wants him in jail
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 6 months ago.

Can they still violate him and make him do time?

The answer is to this yes, even if she no longer wants him in jail. Until the protective order is dissolved, the authorities have the right to act on that protective order. In most cases, the courts look at each individual order on its own merits. This means if a couple has a history of issues, or if the male has a criminal history that includes crimes of violence, they may not lift the order, even though the female wants the order to be lifted.

In most cases, if the person that sought the order goes to the court and requests to withdraw the order, then the court will do so, however.

Let me know if you have any other questions or comments.

Please also rate my answer positively (three or more stars) so I can receive credit for my work.

Best wishes going forward!

Just checking to see if you had any additional questions or comments. I want to make sure that you are as comfortable as possible moving forward. Thanks!