Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney

I'm ***** ***** I have a question about a car trailer I just

Customer Question

Hello, I'm ***** ***** I have a question about a car trailer I just sold
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I'm in Pennsylvannia. I sold a 1998 car trailer to a guy with a bill of sale stating it was "as is" "where is". He gets it home and tears a bunch of the front of the trailer apart and finds that somewhere down the line a previous had done some modifications to it. I didn't know about it at all and it was in good usable condition. He now wants to return it and get his money back. I told him no since first it was in good working condition, I didn't know about the modification, and third he has altered it from the way he purchased it from me by tearing it all apart.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 6 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** be happy to answer your question.

I am sorry to hear aboutthis unfortunate situation.

Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, asthis services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice/legal service you should contact a local attorney.

What is your legal question about the situation you have described in your post?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Whether I legally have to accept the trailer back and refund him. I sold it as is and since he is not returning it in the exact same shape he bought it I don't want to.

Thank you for your follow up.

While I cannot comment on your specific case, generally, if a used vehicle / car trailer is sold in "as is" condition, without any warranty, then it would be up to the buyer to use their due diligence prior to the purchase and properly inspect the car trailed and once the car trailer is purchased, the seller is not legally obligated to take the trailer back or to issue any refunds.

I wish you the best of luck.

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?

If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.

Thank you.