Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

My name is ***** *****. I have a jydgemt that was filed in

Customer Question

My name is ***** *****. I have a jydgemt that was filed in 2006. They just began garnishment last week. The last time the judgement was renewed was on April 6th 2011. My question is, do they have to renew again in order to keep garnishing?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It was a loan that went default with a company no longer in business. The debt was bought out by a collection company. The tried to hunt me down previously but coykdnt find me until last year. I wanted to judgement gone so I called them and offered payments but failed to make them because of sudden changes to my finances ( my dad became ill and passed away). Anyway, they found my place of employment and have garnished my wages. After looking up the judgement online, it looks like I'm 2006 it was entered, in 2011, it was renewed and another 5 years ( almost ) has gone by and I was windering, what if by chance they forget to renew?? Can they still collect?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Expert:  Ray replied 8 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. What state was judgment in here so I may research it, thanks.