Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

I own and live in an HOA Cummnity in Las Vegas. I believe my

Customer Question

I own and live in an HOA Cummnity in Las Vegas. I believe my civil and legal rights have been violated. I need to get some advice on handle my situation.
I am very familiar with ACLU and I hope you can help me.
Expert:  Ray replied 8 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.

It would be possible for you to file either a state or federal lawsuit against an HOA for such violations and seek damages for all of your harm including mental anguish.

A state suit would cover damages for the HOA not following their own rules or selective enforcement of them.

A federal suit would pertain to civil rights or failure to accommodate needs or other federal housing issues.You would review your harm here with local Nevada lawyer to see which suit is the proper direction.HOAs in general get sued often because they act without regard for consequences and harm to members.Since there is little to no regulation of HOAs by state or federal agencies a lawsuit is almost always required to get you some justice and compensation for your harm.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.I wish you the best.

Free lawyer referral..

https://www.nvbar.org/lawyerreferral/lawyer-referral-information-service/