KJL LAW
KJL LAW, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney at law Office of KJLLAW
92128996

Can I get a liquor license/or own a bar in the state of New

Customer Question

can I get a liquor license/or own a bar in the state of New York if I have a dishonorable discharge from the military
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site, the answers are for general information. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

If you have a dishonorable discharge from the military you are not excluded from obtaining a NYS liquor license. The requirements are that you are a US citizens or have permanent resident alien status, must be 21 or older, and were not convicted of a felony (unless they have a Certificate of Relief from Civil Disabilities). Also, you cannot be a police officer with arresting powers.

I hope this helps with your question

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
very helpful
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. If you're satisfied with the answer please rate the question for credit and tracking.