Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of experience
77476456

The other night I was drinking heavy with a friend he brote

Customer Question

the other night I was drinking heavy with a friend he brote me a piece of paper to write something on like a will to leave him money he cant remember if I did or didn't I was in a blackout is it legal for him to use that against us thanks
Expert:  Gerald, Esq replied 8 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

Any document that you sign when you are not competent to do so (such as when you are drunk) is not an enforceable document. But you still want to take steps to rescind the document because otherwise you may have to prove you were drunk later on.

Write a letter to the person stating that you rescind any agreement or promise that you may have signed on the date in question and that it is not enforceable because you were intoxicated. Sign the letter in front of a Notary and send it to the person by certified mail so that you have proof it was received. Keep a copy of the letter and the green card receipt for the mailing.

I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

I hope the information I have provided is useful to you and that I have earned a positive rating from you. It costs you nothing extra, and is the only way I get credit for my attempt to assist you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.

Good luck,

Please note: Information given is not legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.