Richard, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with 29 years of experience.
17027240

Ive got a lady on line who wants to give me a bunch money,

Customer Question

ive got a lady on line who wants to give me a bunch money, from another country i dont know the lady,she refered me to bank in britain.there lawyer how do i check this out
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

Good afternoon William. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

First, the important thing to realize, if someone truly is giving you money, all they have to do is deliver the money to you, either by check or wire transfer. I that to tell you what you are probably thinking...this is likely a scam.

Here's the thing that will confirm that it's a scam for you. You should never send them any money up front or provide them any information about your existing bank accounts. If they want to wire transfer the money, open a new separate account to receive the money. If they want you to pay them anything to get your money, it's a scam. If there is a true gift, they can deduct any expenses, taxes, fees, etc., from the gift. if they tell you this is not possible, it's because there is in fact no gift forthcoming from which to deduct these costs. There are no sets of circumstances where if there is truly money being given to you that you should have to do anything but receive your money net of any expenses. If they tell you otherwise, all that tells you is there is no money and you are being scammed.

This is the part of my job I don't like...when the law is not in favor of my customer. I wish I could tell you this is legitimate, but, I can only provide you information based on the law and my experience so that you can act on the best available information to you. ………..I wish I had better news, but can only hope you recognize and understand my predicament and don't shoot the messenger. I'm sorry!

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (hopefully Good or Excellent). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!