Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

My ex is getting a share of my pension which would pay her

Customer Question

My ex is getting a share of my pension which would pay her $551 per month. I may start taking my pension and was thinking of making a cash buyout offer. What would a value of this be? My spouse is currently 58. And would my pension payment count towards my child support payment?
Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 months ago.

Good morning,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Are you saying you are considering buying your ex out of her share of your pension?

2. Are either of you receiving the pension benefit yet? If not, when will start?