Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989

I was convicted of 2 dwi's about 8 months ago but they

Customer Question

I was convicted of 2 dwi's about 8 months ago but they haven't hit my driving record yet. Is there a chance they were missed or does the process normally take longer? I'm in Texas FYI.
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 7 months ago.

Were the two DWI's in Texas? If you were convicted and sentenced 8 months ago, the DWIs are on your criminal record. The actual time it would take to reach your driving record is an administrative issue and probably variable depending on the volume in the system and staffing in the courthouse and at the DMV. The DMV could tell you what the average processing time would be. But your criminal record would be clear as to your priors if there were a third DWI.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
both in Texas. Is there a good way to check my criminal record? Also, how long does the driving record process "normally" take?
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 7 months ago.

You can get an official copy of your Texas criminal history from the Texas Department of Public Safety. You can get your 50 state and FEderal criminal history from the FBI. You can read how to do that here.

There's no way that I would know the processing time. As I indicated, it doesn't matter. If it's on your criminal history, your offenses will be found by anyone who needs your driving record. There's no statute that says how long it will take to transfer the information. There's no formal data base that will tell me the average processing time for every DMV in the country. Contact yours for the average turnaround time. They may have a general idea.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
thanks for the smirky answer, typical pretentious lawyer scum. I thought you were just being lazy as most lawyers are
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 7 months ago.
thank you for using just answer. I don't know why you so are my answer was facetious. It's accurate. Call the DMV
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
it's your tone you dumb shit. "as I already stated", etc.also, learn how to write: "I don't know why you so are my answer was facetious."
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 7 months ago.

Sorry. I was using a mobile application for that last response, and it did not let me edit. I intended no disrespect. I had already explained to you why your answer was one that I could not possibly know, and I simply thought that you may have missed that.

A defense lawyer's case ends upon sentencing. There's much we never have to deal with. We know where to find codified information relating to our field, but there is no data base for everything a client or customer could possibly want to know. There's none for this one. It's not a legal problem. It's administrative and your particular DMV would be your best source of information.

I hope that explains things better. If not, you may contact***@******.*** for a refund of your deposit.

Best of luck