Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I have received a letter from GC Services red light traffic

Customer Question

hi, I have received a letter from GC Services for a red light traffic violation apparently. It was sent to my old address in MT. It says as a result of your failure to appear on your citation the Superior court of CA has referred you to us and they added $300 to the bill. I have never seen this and just moved here. I am not sure what to do?
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no not yet. just received this today and didn't even know I had a ticket
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: I have an appointment on monday with the DMV. I was going to get my new license.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Expert:  Roger replied 8 months ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

The first thing you should do is call the court clerk's office, notify them that you moved and that the citation went to your old address and you never saw it. You can provide evidence of your move to the court clerk and they may waive the additional fee for your failure to appear.

Expert:  Roger replied 8 months ago.

You may have to appear before the judge and show him the proof that you moved to avoid the additional fee....that just varies by judge and jurisdiction.