LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  9+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.

I sued someone about 10 years ago for $4000. I won a

Customer Question

I sued someone about 10 years ago for $4000. I won a judgment but of course never saw a dime. Now his soon to be ex wife sent me a letter asking me to remove the lien on their home based on senate bill 512 amends section 52.001. Of course I don't want to without getting the money owed me. What should I do in this situation?
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 7 months ago.

Good morning. A bill is proposed legislation under consideration by a legislature. A bill does not become law until it is passed by the legislature and, in most cases, approved by the executive. Once a bill has been enacted into law, it is called an Act or a statute. As such, until she presents you with something that has legal effect, you do not even need to consider acting. Tell her if she wants the lien removed, to simply pay what is owed or else you will collect the judgment when they sell the home.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.