LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  9+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

I was in a car accident that resulted in cervical surgery 6

Customer Question

I was in a car accident that resulted in cervical surgery 6 years in pennsylvania. I also sprained my wrist which I injured worse while working. Medical claims were paid a little over 2 years ago and I did a deposition a little over 2 years ago. I was hit on the front end while being parked. I have recently heard rumors that they are coming after me for fraud. What is the statute of limitations for them to do so.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I think i gave you them
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Please text response to(###) ###-####I have no email
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Do you know how long it will be to get your response
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 8 months ago.

Good evening. It would be two years and I have provided the statute below, support the same.

§ 5524. Two year limitation. The following actions and proceedings must be commenced within two years: (1) An action for assault, battery, false imprisonment, false arrest, malicious prosecution or malicious abuse of process. (2) An action to recover damages for injuries to the person or for the death of an individual caused by the wrongful act or neglect or unlawful violence or negligence of another. (3) An action for taking, detaining or injuring personal property, including actions for specific recovery thereof. (4) An action for waste or trespass of real property. (5) An action upon a statute for a civil penalty or forfeiture. (6) An action against any officer of any government unit for the nonpayment of money or the nondelivery of property collected upon on execution or otherwise in his possession. (7) Any other action or proceeding to recover damages for injury to person or property which is founded on negligent, intentional, or otherwise tortious conduct or any other action or proceeding sounding in trespass, including deceit or fraud, except an action or proceeding subject to another limitation specified in this subchapter.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
This did not answer my question at all.

You asked what the statute of limitations was and it is 2 years

This was your question....What is the statute of limitations for them to do so.

I am happy to answer anything else you would like to know but this was the only question posted, so please let me know

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I wanted the statute of limitations for car insurance e fraud in pennsylvania. The accident was 6 years ago but they paid medical claims 2 years ago and would it be longer if I settledI
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Can i tip you if you send the right I formation this time
Sure I can respond but my answer is still the same. The time to prosecute for fraud is two years.
If two years have passed they could not likely come after you know and claim fraud
it is very odd that someone would just tell you this from the insurance conpany
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
They paid medical claims 2 years ago and are offering me a settlement. Would this increase the time for car insurance fraud in pennsylvania. The internet says the statute of limitations for car fraud is 5 years. Is that from the time they paid medical claims 2 years ago or if I take a settlement Would it start then.
The time starts to run from the date of the claim and thank you for the clarification. Yes it would be 5 years as you suggested if related to the medical fraud and claims made related to the injury
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
if they paid medical claims a couple years ago they could they come after me for 3 more years and would that time be extended if I accepted a settlement. If they were offering me a settlement is it likely they are coming after me. Am I allowed to tip you. Just please make sure your info is accurate. You don't need to sugar coat it.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
You there sir. Probably going to bed soon.are u going to get back to me tonite.

Sorry for the delay. The settlement would not extend the time. As I shared, the time starts to run from when the claim was filed so unless there was language in the settlement that extended that time frame, it would not benefit them from taking time to settle .