Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I was arrested. I'm 55, never been arrested before. 't do

Customer Question

I was arrested for shoplifting. I'm 55, never been arrested before for anything. Don't do drugs, don't smoke, don't drink. I don't do anything wrong. I walked out of the store with 3 pair of gloves(all the same kind-just different sizes. I was trying them on and laying them down on top of my purse that was in a buggy. I also had 2 bracelets. I did walk out of the store with them. I was not in the right frame of mind to be looking at things. My mother and father in law were in an accident that morning which took her life and he was in a coma. I was numb with grief. I couldn't go home after work, I didn't want to be alone. I was needing to do something but not knowing what to do so I went to Kohls. I have never left a store before without paying ever, before this happened. I was told that I don't need an attorney at my first court date but now I'm worried I don't have anyone. I can't really afford one either.
Expert:  Barrister replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

I am sorry for your loss, please accept my condolences.. I know you are going through a lot right now and I will try to help.

.

I have read your comments, but I am not quite sure what your specific legal question it that I can help with this afternoon?

.

.

thanks