legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer
Experience:  Just Answer consultant at Self employed
63726236

My ex has threatened to put a restraining order on me and

Customer Question

My ex has threatened to put a restraining order on me and have me put in jail. I have respected her wishes not to contact her except for trying to get my stuff back. Last night she called at 12:23 am threatening me and saying that I am making her become terrified of her ex and that it's my fault because I contacted him about her health problem
Expert:  legalgems replied 8 months ago.

Was private information provided to other people such as an ex?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No all I said was so you must have talked to echo cause his Facebook page said just heard some sad news

Thank you; a few minutes please as I look into this.

Thank you for your patience;

so in order to get a restraining order, the person must prove the following:

3. The Respondent committed the following family offense(s) against me and/or my children, which constitute(s): ” Disorderly conduct ” Menacing in the second or third degree ” Harassment in the first or second degree ” Reckless endangerment ” Aggravated harassment in the second degree ” Stalking ” Assault in the second or third degree ” Attempted assault ” Criminal mischief ” Sexual misconduct ” Sexual abuse in the second2 or third degree ” Forcible touching ” Strangulation ” Criminal obstruction of breathing or

So as you can see, a court will not issue a restraining order when a person calls the party they are attempting to restrain- that does not make any sense, since the person seeking the restraining order is initiating contact.

Also, so long as private information is not being provided to third parties, there can be no invasion of privacy order.

Thank you for using Just Answer.
I hope the information I provided is useful. If you need further clarification please post here and I will reply as soon as I see it; otherwise, Kindly
-Rate Positively-
This does Not result in additional charges to the customer and allows the site to credit me for assisting you today.

Thank you and take care!