CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.

How do I get a legal description of my property as required

Customer Question

how do I get a legal description of my property as required by the sales contract?
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 7 months ago.

You can get one in a couple of ways:

(1) it should be in your records from the deed when you purchased the property

(2) you can get a title report from a reputable title company (national ones include: First American, Old Republic, and Chicago Title, but there are many smaller ones out there as well). This is probably the most reliable and by far the most efficient.

(3) you can go the County Recorder's Office and attempt to look up the records yourself (manually accomplish what the title companies will do digitally), problems with this are that it is not something that most people are experienced at, and reviewing title records is not exactly easy (it should be, but unfortunately it is very easy to miss or confuse records, that is why I recommend relying on a professional company).

Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 7 months ago.
If you contact your county records clerk with the address they can provide you with the legal description of the property.

Dear Customer,

Our apologies for the duplicate post, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to follow up.