Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law

My daughter's father has 2 lawsuits going at this time, 1 's

Customer Question

My daughter's father has 2 lawsuits going at this time, 1 for Worker's Comp and he has also filed against a hospital. I am in the process of filing for child support, he is not in the rear at this time, but would I be able to place a claim or lien. Will she be entitled to any part of his 2 lawsuits.
Expert:  Ray replied 7 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.

The court may look to these in setting the amount of support here.You would have to have court set child support and award you a portion of these settlements.It is possible for you to claim some of these proceeds through child support based on his income and this would be included.

You just need to try and get the child support hearing scheduled here, these can definitely be part of that and the money included in setting the amount of support and he may also be ordered to pay you a lump sum for the amount of arrears since you filed here in NY.

Expert:  Ray replied 7 months ago.

You can recover funds here for the child support due from date of filing.You want to get this to hearing as soon as you can.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.