Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

I have a notice to vacate tomorrow 3/25 at 601am, Yes but

Customer Question

I have a notice to vacate tomorrow 3/25 at 601am
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: Yes but they say nothing will save me from the lock out not even a BK
JA: What advice did they give you?
Customer: They said a bk was a 50/50 chance I don't know what to do, I had someone helping me and now theyre no where to be found.
JA: OK. The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?
Customer: Is there something that I can file
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Expert:  Barrister replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

If this is posted as a writ of possession because the owner of the property has gone through the courts and gotten a judgment of eviction, then unfortunately, there is not much you can do at this point because the landlord has the legal right to have a sheriff or constable physically remove you from the property if they have a writ of possession.

.

Filing BK after a judgment is issued against you won't postpone any eviction because it would have to be before any judgment was issued against you to postpone it.

.

So if you have had a judgment of eviction entered against you with the sheriff scheduled to come tomorrow, you need to make arrangements to move your personal property to a storage facility immediately to avoid having it placed on the curb and considered abandoned when the landlord comes with the sheriff to conduct the eviction.

.

.

.

thanks