Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

I am trying to come up with a card line, fully designed by

Customer Question

I am trying to come up with a card line, fully designed by my company, but from quotes from Chicago's former mayer. They are quotes pulled form different press conferences. Would I be breaking any copyright laws or deformation of character laws?
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 8 months ago.
No if they were public remarks then there should not be an issue but you do need to attribute the quotes to him.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Okay, so if I printed the card would it need to be attributed to him on the actual card or could it be on my website. If on the card, could it be on the back?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Also, if the quote was sourced from a newspaper or online article, will I need to credit them as well?
No just sourcing the speaker is fine and as long as it is clear it is a quote if you put his name on the other side.