Marsha411JD, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed Atty, 29 yrs exp in the practice of law.

What H.R. 1314 Means Retirement I found this on the social

Customer Question

What H.R. 1314 Means For Your Retirement
I found this on the social secutity search and am puzzeled if ti it is true!
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 7 months ago.

No, it is not true. There is nothing hidden in the legislation. It very clearly just changed the spousal "file and suspend" rules. If you want to read a legitimate analysis of the change in the law, and a response to the article you ran across, you can see it at the following link. They do a good job of describing the changes. Also, of course, the Social Security website is a good source for the actual changes in the law.

Hello again,

I wanted to touch base with you and make sure that you did not have any follow up questions for me from the answer I provided to you on the 24th. For some reason, the Experts are not always getting replies or ratings (at the top of the question/answer page you are viewing or in the pop up box for this question), which is how we get credit (paid by the Site) for our work, that the customer thinks have gone through. In your case I received neither. Please keep in mind that I cannot control the law or your circumstances, and am ethically bound to provide you with accurate information based on the facts you give me even if the news is not good.If you are having technical difficulties with reading, replying or rating, please let me know so that I can inform the Site administrator. Please note that Site use works best while using a computer and using either Google Chrome or Firefox.

In any event, it was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue,if needed. You can bookmark my page at:

Thank you.