Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

I live in Wisconsin and was red by a company in Michigan as

Customer Question

I live in Wisconsin and was hired by a company in Michigan as a 1099 contractor to provide services. The company is refusing to pay monies owed for services rendered, about $4580. They refuse to pay because equipment sent to me belonged to another company and I returned it to that company instead of them. I believe the real reason is that they cannot afford to pay. Can I sue and what is the process? I would like to sue the company in Wisconsin instead of Michigan. Is this possible? Outside of me they have very little contact with Wisconsin in the way of business and outside of them I have no business in Michigan.
Expert:  Loren replied 7 months ago.

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Expert:  Loren replied 7 months ago.

Is the company a corporation? Did the written contract specify venue or choice of law in its provisions?