How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 113425
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I red the contractor to do blow in cellulose soundproof apt,

Customer Question

I hired the contractor to do blow in cellulose soundproof for my apt, but, he did not do the job right way, it should cut down the noise to 60-70%, but, every noise is still the same, I got 2nd opinion, the 2nd one said this person did every thing wrong, the whole project is $1200, but, he damage my whole walls ( 2 room), I need to hire another to replace the wall and redo the job, that will cost me a lot.
Please help me plus the contractor threaten me, I'm afraid my life will be in danger since he knows my address.
Could you please advice
yapping chou
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 11 months ago.

Good morning. If you are in fear of your life and he made threats to you, then you need to go to the police, file a report and allow them to investigate. That is criminal in nature. Now, if he failed to perform the agreed upon job and did everything wrong, he needs to correct it. If he refuses, then you have no choice but to sue him and could not only go after him for the money paid BUT the cost in fixing the damage which he caused, by his own negligence and failure to do the job as agreed. Based upon the amount sought, this is likely going to be a civil matter for small claims court and you can sue on your own. The clerk of court has the forms for you to fill out and file to start the process and you can go after him and obtain a judgment.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I am a DIFFERENT CONTRIBUTOR and I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Your previous expert cannot answer would you like more information? If so, please let me know.

Related Legal Questions