Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer
26798026

I am being followed by several different people all in

Customer Question

I am being followed by several different people all in different cars
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: How can I find out why
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: Undercover police have followed me insde Quick trip they have followed me down roads and have turned back around
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: Going through a really bad divorce
JA: Our top Lawyer is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Lawyer in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Lawyer until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 11 months ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that this is happening.

The only way to find out WHY someone is following you is to ask them. That's not public information we'd be able to access. If you know that the people who are following you are undercover police officers, you can call the police station, file a Complaint with a superior officer, and see if they'll give you any more information. While it is generally legal for a police officer to follow someone when they are out in public, it could also be a waste of police time and taxpayer money if they're just watching you instead of out solving crimes.

The fact that you're going through a divorce suggests that the people following you could be private investigators, not on-duty police officers. It's entirely possible that your spouse wants to know if you're seeing someone else, especially if you're asking for alimony. Or if you have minor children, your spouse might be looking for information that would help in a custody dispute. Your spouse might also be trying to figure out if you have hidden assets somewhere. That's something they might be able to establish by tracking your spending patterns. And if that's the case, you could report them for stalking if they're following you around in a way that's putting you in fear of your safety. It's OK to watch someone in a public place, but not if you're scaring them and making them think you're going to hurt them.

Neither police nor private investigators have a right to come inside your home without your permission. Police need a warrant, PIs could be charged with trespassing if they force themselves into your home.

If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.