Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

I have three credit cards with Cap one now they say i have

Customer Question

i have three credit cards with Cap one now they say i have to verify my identity at a bank for second card note 1stworking3000. 2nd restricted3000 3rd working 5000
Expert:  Sam replied 8 months ago.

Hello

This is Samuel and I will​ provide you information in this regard.

You have been asked to verify your Identity for a credit card use by going to the bank? Is that correct?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
but after being issued and used once or twice
Expert:  Sam replied 8 months ago.

I understand. There are no laws that prohibit a creditor whether a bank or whoever from requesting for more verification. The creditors can establish policy wherein if it has concerns your credit card may have been compromised they can seek verification and it can even be to see you and your ID in person at the nearest location to you. It is a protection mechanism not only for the bank but also for the consumer.

If you have more questions in this regard, or need more information or clarification or if I have not fully understood what you are asking, please let me know.