Hammer O'Justice
Hammer O'Justice, Attorney
Experience:  Almost 12 years of legal experience

Iv got a capais on me. i not go to court the other day

Customer Question

iv got a capais on me . i not go to court the other day because i haird an attorney and he told me r the court told me not have to b there if i had haird a attorney . now iv got a capais on me . wat do i need to do ?
Expert:  Hammer O'Justice replied 7 months ago.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Since you already have a lawyer, I would recommend going to the lawyer to resolve the situation. The lawyer can file a motion to quash a bench warrant for you. Basically the lawyer will explain why you didn't get to court and ask the judge to remove the warrant. If it is granted, the judge will set a new court date on which you will have to appear. Since it is the lawyer's fault you didn't show up, then the lawyer should be willing to take on the responsibility of getting the warrant vacated.