Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience

I think my ex husbands wife called on my macys card. No

Customer Question

Hi- I think my ex husbands wife called for information on my macys card. No charges were made but i think she was just looking to see what i buy for her own selfish reasons. Macys advised that they can pull the recordings of when someone called . Would i be able to prosecute her even though no charges were made to my macys account?
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 7 months ago.

I am sorry to hear this. IF the recorded evidence does reveal it was her, you might be able to pursue a claim for breach of privacy or at least get a restraining order. A breach of privacy claim would be tough because you have to prove some actual compensible damages to the court which are not clear to me.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
There were no fraud charges made at all but only her pretended to call in and be me just to get information.

I understand. That's what hurts your potential for a lawsuit because there were no actual damages caused. However, a restraining order might be a good idea because if she is doing this then she has already done or is capable of doing worse.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
i wouldnt be able to prosecute her for fraud?

I noticed that you had submitted a question on a different thread. Would you like to talk by phone to get all of your answers addressed? There are additional charges.

I do not think you could successfully get a fraud claim against her unless she claimed to portray you.

Just reply on this thread or we can talk by phone. If you submit new questions each time, they will charge you each time.