Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989

Bond. i mist a court date yesterday. it was i had haird a

Customer Question

bond . i mist a court date yesterday . it was for weather i had haird a lawer r not
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: well i haired a lawer he was supose to let them know i haired him and i not have to b there but there is a capias on me now
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 7 months ago.

If this just happened yesterday, this is easy to fix. Just call your lawyer and tell him that there is now a warrant out for missing the court date. He'll help you fix it, as it is his fault.

It only just happened so if you get back to court with the lawyer in the next several days, you're not going to end up in jail and the judge will lift the warrant.