Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

Is it legal company in Illinois to take me to small claims

Customer Question

Is it legal for a company in Illinois to take me to small claims court when I live in California, and the so-called service was in California?
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 7 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. I’ll be happy to help you in any way I can. This site is for educational purposes only. Experts on this site receive credit for assisting you when you click the rating (the stars) so please submit a rating prior to logging off. You don't pay anything extra for that. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. It IS legal for you to be taken to court in Illinois even if you live in CA, unfortunately. You could check your contract and it should be reflected in the contract. Do you have a copy of your contract?