Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of experience

I got pulled over ticketed 85mph & following too closely

Customer Question

I got pulled over ticketed for exceed 85mph & following too closely officer marked civil violations. Said I can pay the ticket, attend driving school or fight it in court. I opted to pay it went online to pay & said I had to call not available to pay online. Calling the court the officer appeared at the hearing requested it to be filed as criminal charge which it has been & I now have a warrant. I have never dealt with a warrant nor a criminal traffic violation. I'm at a loss as to what to do
Expert:  Gerald, Esq replied 7 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

You need to fight this and you need to do so with an attorney. Under Arizona Law speeding atover 85 miles per hour is considered a class 3 misdemeanor. It carries up to 30 days and jail and up to $500 in fines. But the penalties don’t end there. If you are stopped again you can be arrested during the stop. Your car will be towed and you will have to pay storage and towing charges thta can mount up quickly to very high dollar amounts. You will also be assessed 3 points on yourlicense and your insurance rates will go through the roof.

If you fight this properly you can get the charges knocked down to a manageable non-criminal offense, if not get the charges dismissed. But the risks on these cases when you do it yourself far exceed any money you think you are saving on the attorney.

If I thought that this was one you could do yourself I would tell you but the downside is too big for you to do this yourself. You need to get on top of this right now. Please do not delay. You can use this site to help you find an attorney that can help you.

Ask the attorney to get the warrant quashed and to get you into a hearing to dispute the ticket, or get a negotiated reduced citation.

I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

I hope the information I have provided is useful to you and that I have earned a positive rating from you. It costs you nothing extra, and is the only way I get credit for my attempt to assist you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.

Good luck,

Please note: Information given is not legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.