Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

UPS driver dropped a fragile package in my driveway with

Customer Question

UPS driver dropped a fragile package in my driveway with irreplaceable items I had shipped from CA to AL (family heirlooms from my recently decedent mother's wedding, circa 1953). Paid for $1k insurance, inspected by UPS Store. UPS damage department initially accepted the claim on 2/15. Here it is 3/22 and found out today the claim has been denied. Multiple phone calls and reassurance that all was okay from 2/15-3/18. Just "the process" they have to go through. Told I have one opportunity to appeal and the final decision is what it is with no further recourse or avenue for getting anything.
Can I do anything? Any dynamo Erin Brokovich on your staff to fight Goliath?
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

I like the Erin Brockovitch reference. We unfortunately cannot take on your case as we are only an informational service, but depending on the value of the item you can file for a lawsuit in small claims court if your damage amount falls within the allowable amount. You do not need an attorney in that case. Otherwise, you would need to hire an attorney to go after these guys as they are unlikely to take you very seriously without an attorney in my experience.

Let me know if you have any additional questions otherwise a positive rating would be greatly appreciated. We only get paid for positive ratings.