Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

On February 8 2016 I went to Deliever a File to my cousins

Customer Question

On February 8 2016 I went to Deliever a File to my cousins new Attorney. With The intentions of breifly disscussing a few concerns with the Attorney of course with the ok from My Cousin Before hand and approval from New Attorney as well before the descusion was over the Attorney had became never agitated and upon leaving i had placed the file under my right arm when walking out the door the Attorney States you are not going to raise your voice and yell at me in my house .I states back I haven't been Yelling At you. When out the Door Noticed file still under Right arm Turned to ask Attorney With the Screen door in-front of me but not closed completely I said do you want this file you are representing her ant you and he reached to grab file once file was out of my hand i turned to walk away he yells to my back your not going to hit my door and pushed me down off his front porch past his walk way and into the street landed 2 inches with my face from the ground i called police both got citation diff court dates his 03/14 mine 03/16 was dismissed before i could even tell my side and Attorney in Question use a Aliases name with the Municipal court what can i do Beside filing a complaint with the KBA (Kansas Bar Ass)
Same Evening
day in Question The Attorney used my Cousin to try and get me to drop the Issue Or Charges i explained there was no third part witness thats why we needed to go to court and he told her if she could convenes me to change my mind he could still represent her
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
This So Called Attorney works with Different Firms in Our Local Arrea as well as outside our County Not Sure Who to trust or not trust and Should I Get A Attorney or is it to late.
Expert:  Sam replied 8 months ago.

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

I am sorry to hear of this matter. So the criminal charge of assault filed against him was dismissed? What happened to the charge filed against you and what was the charge against you? Or were the both dismissed. Are you now seeking to sue him? Did you suffer any injuries?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I Had A Court Date For March 16 2016
He had a Court Date March 14 2016
I new Date of Arraignment for him was 14 from public record
Later that day I checked Status of his arraignment and it said case was Dismissed then i checked on my
name and the courts had changed my March 16th date to the 14th of March and Closed The case with out hearing my side
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
His wrong Doing seem to be increasing Which leaves me with great Concern for One about the fact that he assaulted me and my own cousin is a Abuse Victim and this action almost made her lose her kids
Expert:  Sam replied 8 months ago.

Thank you.

Well, the District Attorney has discretion on whether to prosecute or not. And they don't have to hear anyone's side of a story. Apparently, the DA found the matter too frivolous to take time to prosecute.

If you want to sue him for assaulting you, you will need to show you had injuries. If you had no injuries, you have no case to sue. You can file a Bar Complaint against him, which you have done.