Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I have been in the hospital months now and i believe my

Customer Question

i have been in the hospital for several months now and i believe my grandson got into my information and stole possession of my vehicle. since i have no info how do i find out if this is all true?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You have two options. First, you can file a complaint with CT Adult Protection Services for financial abuse of the elderly, http://www.ct.gov/dss/cwp/view.asp?a=2353&q=305232. They will investigate the matter and if they find any merit to the claim, they will bring it to the DA and police for criminal charges. Second, you can file a complaint with your local police directly and they will investigate the issue with the car and if he did take the car illegally they will arrest him and file charges with the DA.