legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer
Experience:  Just Answer consultant at Self employed
63726236

If you shared w a neighbor who's a physician medical

Customer Question

If you shared w a neighbor who's a physician medical information about yourself then they shared it with others.
Expert:  legalgems replied 8 months ago.

What state is this in regards ***** *****?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ohio-and he was giving the advice acting ac a physician. But they shared it w many people.

I am sorry to hear this. Thank you for your patience as I researched this.

Any breach of medical confidentiality is an injury to the patient. Hageman v. Sw. Gen. Health Ctr., 893 N.E.2d 153, 156 (Ohio 2008). Ohio recognizes the breach of physician-patient confidentiality as a tort, which means the plaintiff may recover for any harm suffered. Since it is considered a tort, case law controls the issue (whereas statutory law controls non-tort cases)

Thank you for using Just Answer.
I hope the information I provided is useful. If you need further clarification please post here and I will reply as soon as I see it; otherwise, Kindly

-Rate Positively-

This does Not result in additional charges to the customer and allows the site to credit me for assisting you today.

Thank you and take care!