Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

I invested $45,000 with a local concert promoter show this

Customer Question

I invested $45,000 with a local concert promoter for a show this weekend. Was told up to Saturday that the investment would yield a small profit .Was told today That I will take a $30,000 loss. I want to sue him for misrepresentation or something. What's possible?
Expert:  Roger replied 7 months ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Do you have anything in writing that evidences the representation regarding the profit?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have a budget sheet. I have a sign contract stating that if he goes over budget that he incurs the cost. I have text stating that a profit should be made. The budget sheet estimates profit.
Expert:  Roger replied 7 months ago.

Ok. Thanks.

You can sue for the person for negligent or intentional misrepresentation and also for detrimental reliance given that he made you these promises and caused you to rely on them.....and provide money to the person based on these representations.

Expert:  Roger replied 7 months ago.

You should consult a lawyer in your area and have him/her issue a demand letter to this person demanding damages/reimbursement if the event does fail.

Expert:  Roger replied 7 months ago.

You can claim that the person took advantage and made material misrepresentations to you in order to induce you to participate in the your detriment.

Expert:  Roger replied 7 months ago.

It would likely be a good idea to seek a lawyer to review any agreement and documentation you have so you can handle this matter as best as possible going into the event.

Expert:  Roger replied 7 months ago.

Hi - if you need anything further, please let me know. If not, please take time to positively rate our conversation so I may receive credit for assisting. Thanks!