Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I was held involuntarily at Danbury Hospital despite asking

Customer Question

I was held involuntarily at Danbury Hospital despite asking for a lawyer or mental Heath advocate numerous times
My rights where denied as well as I was kept from receiving phone numbers from family etc.
This has caused me significant stress not to mention my oldest son will not even speak to me and will not let me see my grandchildren
I am also concerned with the lack of common respect the nurses not all ,and treatment not all, I received while a pt at this facility
I have a history of bipolar disease however it is controlled with medications prescribed by my Dr in Philadelphia and I was admitted and discharged on same medications
Several nurses and patients commented on the fact that I did not need to be hospitalized
My rights where violated and I seek justice for me and will stand up for those that cannot stand up for themselves
I am classified as mentally I'll however I was treated not like I had a disease but like a child
At no time during my hospitalization did I cause problems other than the inability to sleep.
I am a nurse and have worked there and many other places on night shift for a total of 38 years
The stress of this detention against my will has caused considerable setbacks in my ability to regroup and find another job.
This has happened to me before at Silver Hill hospital in Ct where a nurse came to me and said to file certain papers to get released
What do you recommend me to do?
Thank you for your time
Expert:  legalgems replied 8 months ago.

What state is this in regards ***** *****? My sympathies for your experience.

Once you verify the state I will get to work on this for you.