Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

I have an attorney that is charging me $140. per hour

Customer Question

I have an attorney that is charging me $140. per hour for my divorce that was files last June, to this date I still DO NOT know what is going on. my estranged husband is now living in a different town however still has access to my residents supposedly for dog visits. he tells me he still is part owner of the house which I am asking for in the divorce has opted to not work he is paying the house payment which are because the camper/motor home interest was too high, when I contact my attorney he charges full fees and doesn't give me any answers they have convinced me I am to host an auction to get rid of the too be ex's things and he is not paying any storage on anything today he told me he still wants some of the things out of the house and plans on getting whatever at his leasure. I make a total of 1600 a month ssi and employment. thank you charlotte markee neceday wis. (###) ###-####
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 7 months ago.

Hi Charlotte. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. I’ll be happy to help you in any way I can. This site is for educational purposes only. Sometimes - although certainly not always - experts have to give you what you deem “bad news” but that should not be a reflection of how satisfied you are with the assistance your expert provided. Experts on this site receive credit for assisting you when you click the rating (the stars) so please submit a rating prior to logging off. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. How can I help you today? I see that there's a lot going on with you and your ex but I want to first make sure I understand what your question is.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
ok I need some kind of help to know what kind of options could be available to me
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
at the time the separation was granted which I had asked for the house and the new pickup and household furniture he was granted everything else which includes motor home,semi truck and pontune, kabota trailers and tools plus he was granted use of the garage supposedly to work on semi , he was to move out in ten day and it was 3 monthes before he left the garage and is still hanging around at will

Hi Charlotte. I'm happy to help you - but I *ALSO* encourage you to reach out to your attorney and make sure he or she gives you an update on your case. You're entitled to know what's going on in your case! So it sounds like the two of you are separated and in the process of divorcing. Is that correct? It's sometimes not that surprising (although it is annoying) to be in limbo while a divorce is going on. I'm happy to help if you have specific questions.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.

I'm more than happy to continue to work with you - it's just that I don't have specifics about your case... unless you give them to me. But I'm here if you want me to answer any specific questions :)