Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

I found a worm in my can of beer, would I have any legal

Customer Question

I found a worm in my can of beer, would I have any legal rights?
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

If you weren't injured or incurred any medical costs due to the worm in the beer, then a monetary recovery is very unlikely. The law compensates people for actual injuries that they sustain due to defective products, but normally not psychological issues like being apprehensive to drink a certain type of beer.

.

If you were to contact the company, they might offer you some type of reimbursement for the beer or some other gesture of good will to keep you as a customer, but that is probably the best you are going to do here..

.

The stories about someone getting a million dollars for finding a mouse in a beer or a finger in a can of tuna or something similar are just urban legends and don't end up happening in real life unless there are actual injuries that occur that are provable.

.

.

thanks