Chris T., JD
Chris T., JD, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in both state and federal court.
45002201

I was denied uemployment benefits due to the fact i was on

Customer Question

i was denied uemployment benefits due to the fact i was on probation for the same thing i got fired for. worked for the company almost 8 yrs do i stand a chance on winning the appeal
Expert:  Chris T., JD replied 8 months ago.

Hello. I'll be happy to assist you.

That depends on the facts. One thing I can tell you is that if you were fired for cause, you are not eligible for unemployment benefits. So, if there is no dispute as to WHY you were fired - that is, you were fired for doing something against the rules and that you had notice about - then it is very unlikely that you will be able to win an appeal. However, if there is some dispute and you think they are just using some bogus reason to say they fired you for cause, when in fact they just laid you off, then you do have a chance. But, back to my original point, it really comes down to what the reason was and whether they can prove it.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Even if I unknowingly at the time did it again

Your intent to break the rules isn't really relevant. The question is whether you were fired for cause or not, even if it's not something you did on purpose.

Does that answer your question? If not, feel free to ask follow up questions. If so, please remember to "Rate" my answer before you go.