Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney
26296561

Can I sell my clothes on facebook without business

Customer Question

Can I sell my clothes on facebook without business registration?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.
Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.

Sale of privately owned belongings do not require business license and people often sell their private belongings, such as clothing on eBay, Facebook or Craig list.

I wish you the best of luck!

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have 15 to 16 new clothes that I want to sell on my facebook page. I am thinking about to add shoptab shopping cart on my page that allows people to buy my clothes directly from the page.But I am not sure about selling clothes online without haveing a company registration. Do I need to register my business before selling any cloth on facebook?

I wish you the best of luck!

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I want to have my own business. And I am selling clothes for business. But, I don't have much clothes right now. And I also wants to now this thing will work or not. I am starting with facebook page 'guessmystyle".And I want to add a shopping cart on that page for people to buy clothes directly from facebook page. For that do I need to register my business?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I want register my business. But after conforming the scope of it

Thank you for your follow up.

If a person intends to sell clothing for business / profit then a business license should be obtained as soon as the person starts purchasing additional new cloth (not previously owner) for resale online or otherwise.

I wish you the best of luck!

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It's mean; I can sell 15,16 clothes on Facebook without buying the licence? I really want to do that, because I want to see the market first
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
what is the best time for a business owner to buy the license? and How can I buy license?

Thank you for your follow up.

I cannot tell you what to do, in your specific case, as such legal advice can only be provided by your local attorney upon a full review of your entire situation, however, generally, as long as, the person is simply selling his/her own belongings online, the business license is not required, once the person starts purchasing clothing to for the purposes of reselling them online that is when a business license would need to be obtained from the local municipality.

I wish you the best of luck!

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
How can I buy licence for business?

Thank you for your follow up.

What county do you live in California?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
santa clara
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I live in Santa Clara county

Thank you for your follow up.

Here is the official government website that has all the details regarding an application for a business license:

https://www.sccgov.org/sites/scc/doingbusiness/Pages/Business-Records-Registrations.aspx

I wish you the best of luck!

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you.