Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I have been divorced in Texas, all property has been divided

Customer Question

I have been divorced in Texas, all property has been divided with the exception of the home which is for sale to divide the proceeds. My ex wife has already purchased her another home and moved out even before the divorce was final.
Now she is telling me who I can have over to my house, claiming that it is still her house. Can she legally tell me who I can have over to my house as in another woman?
Jessie Picard
Jasper County Texas
Expert:  Roger replied 11 months ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

If the judge didn't award the house to either one of you, then the home still belongs to both of you. But, you're entitled to have any guest you'd like at the home........and technically......so could your ex wife unless the court order states otherwise.

Expert:  Roger replied 11 months ago.

You do have to be a little careful because your wife could also come in and occupy the property, bring anyone she wants etc. as well.

Expert:  Roger replied 11 months ago.

If you need anything further, please let me know. Also, please take time to positively rate our conversation so I may receive credit for assisting. Thanks again!